Friday

b-a-n-a-n-a-s


it seems like our bananas get brown faster than most bananas. maybe it's all the other fruits and vegetables we put them next too but either way it means more banana bread for us! there are about a million recipes out there but this is my own adaptation of one i really like at the moment. don't worry, not all our recipes will be this healthy.

Banana Mini Loaves

3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbs baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup wheat germ
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup plain yogurt
2 eggs
1/3 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the wet & dry ingredients separately and then combine and mix well. Pour into a well greased mini-loaf pan and back for 25 minutes. You can bake these for the same amount of time in a muffin tin or bake a whole loaf for 38-40 minutes.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am a lover of banana bread and I've gone through 4 or 5 recipes so far. Can't wait to try yours! I always add chocolate chips in mine though....I mean always. That's just the way I roll. I make no exceptions.