Friday

farewell to summer

i have subjected my friends to different versions of corn salad all summer and i apologize that it took me so long to come up with this version - it is by far my favorite! although corn has almost disappeared from farmer's market, the tomatoes are looking more beautiful than ever and i still have many ripening on my patio. we actually have rain in the forecast for tomorrow so i consider this my farewell to summer salad. Enjoy!

Creamy Corn Salad

2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
1/2 ripe avocado, diced
2 ears corn, blanched and cut off the cob
1 cup garbanzo beans
juice of 1/2 lime
2-3 tbs olive oil
1 tbs white balsamic vinegar
1 ounce goat cheese, crumbled
salt & pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir well to combine and to distribute the avocado and goat cheese into a creamy coating for the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at room temperature.

1 comment:

Jenae said...

your killing me with this one. Fall is pretty official here in Boston and now I have to wait until next summer for this great recipe.